Monday 30 November 2015

W and Zinger

I am just sneaking in my entry for the Tangle It Tuesday Challenge before it is due to finish this week. Sorry to be so late. W is the string and I decided to literally do just that, use it as the string. I used the tangles Wist and Warble. Come and join us, tackling it on Tuesdays, the string will be X which should be a very easy one to do.
Gosh, the last of the Alphabet Monotangle Challenges, I can't believe it! I discovered Zentangle® and all the challenges just as Joey started with A for Arukas. Joey's tile was fabulous in blue and yellow, I loved it as it looked like a star and it made me want to try it out. This is the tile I drew for it, the first I had ever done in colour and I can remember being very impressed that I could actually draw it :-)
Anyway here we are at Z. Zinger seems such a fun tangle to have for the last one and I got a bit carried away. Zinger is a simple tangle, the sort that suits black tiles so I broke out my new white pen and started to draw. I find it sort of instinctive to start in a corner with Zinger and draw it in a Mooka-ish manner. I liked it but I thought it was just like everyone draws it and Joey's challenge needed something more:-
So next I decided to try and hang them from a central hanger. This one looks nice and bouncy, but I still thought I could be a little more original.
Finally I reverted to a traditional white tile, drew a small orb, surrounded it by a larger orb and then popped the little zinger 'hats' strategically around the large orb. Finally, as I signed it I popped a little zinger hat on my initials.
Now to look forward to what Joey has planned for us next week, I am so excited I don't know if I can wait lol!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love your enthusiasm! Three Zingers, all so beautifully done, and before I even booted up my computer for the day! This 8 hour time difference between us sometimes muddles me up, I have to remember to set my auto post to 12:30am my time in order for you to see it in your morning. I know you would be upset with me if I made you wait until dinnertime! ;o)
    If I could whisper next week's challenge in your ear I would...tee hee!...I just hope that you enjoy it as much as the Monotangles!
    Thanks so much for your support!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tiles are beautiful. my favorit is the first black tile, zinger reminds me on mooka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really did a wonderful artistic post. I love all your tiles and wouldn't want to have to choose. I'm glad I found Joey's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed as I read your post and saw how much FUN you had! These tiles are so cute! Great idea to use the white on black! I especially love the mooka-ish one, as I am a Mooka addict!! Like you, I am delighted that Joey is part of my world, and will be up early next Tuesday to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I love all of these, most especially the manadala-like round one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are quite the zinger expert. Had I known I would have consulted you about how the heck to draw it. But I think I did ok this time. I could only muster one out, whereas you have outdone yourself! Beautiful work! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, especially the first Znger in white on black. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything here looks awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, but these are delightful! I thought my fave was the black Mooka Zinger, until I saw the white one, zingers on orbs. Oh...they're BOTH my faves :) what fun!

    ReplyDelete