Thursday 16 July 2015

Watercolour washes

It is a lovely hot sunny day here, so I have settled down with a nice cool lemonade drink ready to draw my tile for this week's It's A String Thing Challenge. As both the tangle patterns chosen this week by Adele were made in honour of two husbands it seemed to me a little love was in the air, so I thought I would paint a pink wash as the background to my tile.

I collected my watercolours and a glass of water to rinse my paintbrush and sat down to paint. I was using Derwent Watercolour Pencils then stroking across with the wet brush. I finished my wash and as I was thirsty I took a long cool sip of ......"Oh Yuck - I've just drunk my paint water" *splutter, splutter* !!!

I hope there is nothing poisonous in those pigments and that I will live to enter the challenge next week lol



1 comment:

  1. Love the pink wash! Great way to add just a touch of color - very nice (another inspiration for me!) Hope you are still among us ;)

    ReplyDelete