Sunday 21 June 2015

Dizzy

SuzyMosh is running a second challenge and the first one begins today. The Tangle Me Three Challenge is when she names a tangle pattern and you have to create a Monotangle which includes the original and two variations of it.

The first tangle pattern up is Cadent. Have you seen how many variations of Cadent there are? It is incredible, how do you know when a variation becomes a new tangle pattern? There are some that look so different it is hard to tell they actually are Cadent.

I didn't like my first attempt at a tile, it made me dizzy looking at it, then I thought "well Suzy said a Monotangle but she didn't say it couldn't be a self portrait". I am probably breaking the rules, but if so please forgive me.

So here it is, my self portrait using circle Cadent, the Beads Cadent and square lined Cadent:-




6 comments:

  1. How cute and what an inventive way to present your Cadent variations! Great job. Thanks for being part of the TM3 challenge this first week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little turtle is so adorable! I like how you worked a Beadline into the one Cadent variation. I don't think even Margaret Bremner thought of that one! I'll have to check out this new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lovely comments are very kind but I did find the best variation on Margeret Bremner's site. I should have credited people in my blog really, sorry.

      Delete
    2. Sorry again, I meant the bead variation, not the best variation.

      Delete
  4. Wow that bead variation is SO cool!! I hadn't thought of that - it really looks great!! Wonderful monotangle!! :) :) :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/06/my-tangle-me-3-cadent-entry-for-suzymosh

    ReplyDelete