Wednesday 10 June 2015

An Alphabet Monotangle Challange

I am really motoring now! This time a Monotangle is requested by MadebyJoey . Each week is a tangle from a different letter of the alphabet. This week it is the tangle pattern Arukas. I really enjoyed doing this one, when I first saw it I thought it was going to be way beyond me, but it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought. Yes, you really have to keep track of where you are, but it is quite repetitious and therefore relaxing.

I found a Monotangle tile to be a different experience. Quite refreshing as you don't have to wonder how it is going to look alongside other tangles. I decided it needed colour though and used my line painter pens. I forgot that between the camera and the computer colours never look as they do in real life. The pink is pretty much correct (well on my iPad), but the blue/green is not as dark in RL. I used the Derwent Graphik #10 Billy for that.

Here we are:-



5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found me and are going to participate in the weekly challenges! In response to your question about the link, I think you should be able to copy the image location and paste it into a HTML gadget. I'm not familiar with Mac so I'm not very much help.
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Aruka looks like a bright and shiny... Aruka :-) Nice idea to use these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Aruka! They are not for the faint of heart, at least for me. Yours is beautifully done with color added. Perhaps I should try that sometime. :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Arukas within an Arukas!

    ReplyDelete