Monday 24 August 2015

From Dry to Wet.

Wow, 24hours ago August was the driest month this year in my neck of the woods. I have a rain gauge in the garden and a rain app on my iPad to log the amount of rain. However everything has changed, we had 58 millimetres of rain all in 24 hours and it is now the wettest month of the year!

When it is wet it is best to stay indoors and tangle. Linq is the subject of Joey's Weekly Monotangle Challenge this week. This is a great one for trailing through a tile like a ribbon, but I find it difficult to know how to display it to advantage on it's own. I've thrown a bit of colour into it to brighten it up.


6 comments:

  1. Like delicate fluttering film strips! In color. Nice form and sizes. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely brightened it up -- good choices. This is one of those patterns that can go so far beyond the original "look" as to not be recognizable. When I first saw it I could only see the whimsical comic-book style. But upon playing with it, it became a very sweet flowing ribbon. Yours is a lovely example of that more feminine style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice to add colours, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun tile! It looks like a party;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have used two sizes of LinQ and the colour really adds air of whimsy!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete